Compile MLT with nvenc enabled on ffmpeg
ricciolo9 .
2017-04-13 08:57:27 UTC
Hi guys. I compiled ffmpeg with the nvenc enabled to encode h264 and h265
videos using my nvidia gtx 1060 card.
I have a huge difference in transcoding 10x more. From 20/22 fps using
libx264 I passed to about 220/230 fps using nvenc.
Ok my Cpu is only an i5 750 and for my pc the GPU makes the difference.

So I ask if I can use this encoding power in rendering using MLT. Maybe
compiling it with the ffmpeg nvenc enabled.

Kdenlive developers reply to me to ask to the MLT developers team. So here
I am.

Someone has an idea? How I can use nvenc in MLT? It is a pity don't use
this rendering power.
Dan Dennedy
2017-04-13 15:43:43 UTC
Hi, it seems from the latest comment that it does work with melt with no
code change:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=272&t=125304#p330864

That is what I had hoped and expected.
ricciolo9 .
2017-04-13 16:29:43 UTC
There is someone here who can confirm that nvenc can work on MLT ? I saw
that 2015 post but it is possible that on 2017 no one gives a version of
MLT static or not that doesn't has enabled that important feature?
I do not succeed to compile all with nvenc enabled. Maybe it is more simple
using a gentoo distro.
I use ubuntu 16.04.