[Mlt-devel] Help with MLT install?
r bartlett
2010-10-11 13:54:54 UTC
I've been trying unsuccessfully to install MLT 0.5.10 for a while now. My
biggest problem is a lack of understanding of how to eliminate errors in the
./configure stage:

Here's what I get when I type ./configure:

Configuring framework:
Configuring modules:
Configuring modules/avformat:
avformat: No build environment found.
Try configuring mlt with --avformat-svn.
Configuring modules/core:
Configuring modules/dv:
- libdv not found: disabling
Configuring modules/feeds:
Configuring modules/frei0r:
Configuring modules/gtk2:
- GTK2 components not found: disabling
Configuring modules/kdenlive:
Configuring modules/lumas:
Configuring modules/melt:
Configuring modules/oldfilm:
Configuring modules/plus:
Configuring modules/sdl:
- sdl development libs not found: disabling
Configuring modules/sox:
Configuring modules/vmfx:
Configuring modules/vorbis:
- ogg vorbis not found: disabling
Configuring modules/xml:
- xml2 not found: disabling xml module
Configuring melt:
Configuring mlt++:
Configuring swig:
GPL Components are disabled

Of the above, which items can I ignore? Which do I need to fix? And for the
latter, why aren't they working and how do I fix them?

Alternatively, if a Fedora rpm for Fedora 13 is available for x86_64 that would
be fantastic. I am trying to build this to run Kdenlive and it's not working
with the rpms currently in the repositiories. (0.5.4)

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!
Dan Dennedy
2010-10-11 17:08:38 UTC
I've been trying unsuccessfully to install MLT 0.5.10 for a while now.  My
biggest problem is a lack of understanding of how to eliminate errors in the
avformat: No build environment found.
         Try configuring mlt with --avformat-svn.
This module is critical.
- libdv not found: disabling
This module is not necessary.
- GTK2 components not found: disabling
This module is not critical but quite desirable.
- sdl development libs not found: disabling
This module is critical.
- ogg vorbis not found: disabling
This is not necessary.
- xml2 not found: disabling xml module
This one is critical.
GPL Components are disabled
Of the above, which items can I ignore?  Which do I need to fix?  And for the
latter, why aren't they working and how do I fix them?
Sorry that this may sound rude, but it is clear that you are not
capable of building this software yourself because the above errors
mean you have not installed the -devel package dependencies, which is
part of building software 101. I am not going to guide you on the
fundamentals of building software from source. Maybe someone else
will, but I am just responding with my position.
Alternatively, if a Fedora rpm for Fedora 13 is available for x86_64 that would
be fantastic.  I am trying to build this to run Kdenlive and it's not working
with the rpms currently in the repositiories.  (0.5.4)
See rpmfusion.org. Send a kind plea to the maintainer of the packages
to request updates. With that said, the versions in the repo, although
not the latest, should be working (not actually tested myself as I am
not running Fedora). Of course, not everything will be working as you
expect, but you will inevitably find a different set of "not working"
things in even the latest versions. So, maybe the effort is better
spent trying to get what you have working because then it could pave
the way for any updates to also be working.
+-DRD-+
Kevin MacPhail
2010-10-11 17:56:33 UTC
Post by r bartlett
with the rpms currently in the repositiories. (0.5.4)
See rpmfusion.org. Send a kind plea to the maintainer of the packages
to request updates. With that said, the versions in the repo, although
not the latest, should be working (not actually tested myself as I am
not running Fedora). Of course, not everything will be working as you
expect, but you will inevitably find a different set of "not working"
things in even the latest versions. So, maybe the effort is better
spent trying to get what you have working because then it could pave
the way for any updates to also be working.
You can find the Fedora 13 rpms for 0.5.10 here:
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/13/x86_64/

The updated package is courtesy of Ryan Rix, and I can confirm that he
responds to kind pleas for assistance.

-Kevin
Post by r bartlett
--